I saw on CNBC this morning that the Initial Public Offering is in a secular (long-term) decline in the United States. You may think this is a recent event, tracking to Sarbanes-Oxley or the 2008 crash ... and you'd be wrong. It goes back to around 1997.
In general, this is a bad thing. An open market is a very efficient allocator of capital. There are many more transaction costs in raising money through private equity than in the open market.
So, if it's a bad thing, why is it happening and can anything be done? Here's one idea and I'll try to stay on this topic for a bit to see how it develops.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Woke Terror
I recently heard a new phrase that stuck in my head like a dart in a dart board - Woke Terror . In our world a formerly innocent remark...
-
I recently heard a new phrase that stuck in my head like a dart in a dart board - Woke Terror . In our world a formerly innocent remark...
-
I wish I had the time - or maybe I'm just not smart enough - to disassemble conventional wisdom like some people can. But then, maybe I...
-
Steve Jobs passed away in October of 2011 and it now appears that Apple-The-Magnificent passed with him. Apple's stock has been in...
No comments:
Post a Comment